Monday, August 17, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Aug 17




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Oh, my! We are back to Monday. A cool and rainy weekend rounded out a week of writing, showing houses, and meetings. Doesn't that sound exciting? A few fall decorations arrived in the mail last week, so I am getting ready to start decorating. That means we will be saying goodbye to this beach mailbox on August 31.

So much has been going on at the house. We had our pantry remodeled. The old pantry door was only a single, so I lost 18 inches of storage space I could never reach on each shelf. I chose the glass for the doors. Then our handyman cut out the wood and installed the glass. He painted them and added the handles. We changed out the wire shelving for wood shelves and added some metal baskets that slide onto the shelves to maximize storage space. I am thrilled with the results. It's not a butler's pantry, but it is so much better.



We are putting together ideas for other remodeling projects. We will probably have to take them one at a time, but I'm okay with that. I know we want to get rid of all the carpets. 

The new seeds in the garden are starting to sprout. We will see what we get.

My physical mailbox held no books this week. I'm okay with that since I have a ton to read over the next few weeks. I, did, however pick up this Kindle freebie when it came out.


An author also asked me to review this one.


I have a crazy week ahead of me, so I might not comment at your blog right away, but I will definitely stop by.

Thanks. Hope you have a blessed week.





9 comments:

  1. Your pantry looks fantastic. I love the idea of the glass in the doors. We had our pantry redone last year and had so much trouble trying to find someone to do such a small job. Finally we found a wardrobe company and are so happy with the final result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Veronica. I agree, getting someone to handle a small job is a pain. I am glad you were able to find a company to help.

      Delete
  2. I love remodeling projects that make a big difference not only in aesthetics but also practicality. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Laura. This one really made sense. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. The result looks great. Well done.
    The new books look fun. My teen grandson just got a pet chameleon!
    Have a good week of writing, showings, meetings and Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote to get rid of carpets too. :)

    ENJOY your week.

    ReplyDelete