Monday, August 10, 2020

Mailbox Monday - August 10




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Well, isn't this turning out to be a fun year? A pandemic, protests, elections, wildfires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tropical storms, and more. Which end is up? Thank God for Mailbox Monday or I might not even know what day it is.

Tropical Storm Isaias visited us last week. No power or internet, downed power lines and trees, and my arbor fell into the garden. It yanked up my grape vine and squashed the tomato plants. Yesterday, I worked on returning it to some form of normal (a dangerous word to use this year). I also planted some new seeds. I never stress over what I get out of the garden in the fall, because I consider it a blessing when I get anything--especially as we head into the cooler months.



Next weekend I hope to do some cutting back of tree branches and plants along the perimeter. 

My real and virtual mailbox were busy this week thanks to some books I ordered and one that I am reviewing. 

I saw this one on Facebook. It came with a few other free e-books I wanted to look at, so I paid the $9.95 shipping.







Do not be fooled by all these gardening books. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I can't even say I am learning as I go. I plant things and pray a lot. 


Charlotte Hubbard asked me if I would review the first book in her new series. I jumped at the chance since I love her books.


Since I follow James Scott Bell on Amazon, I received a $5.00 off coupon to buy one of his select titles this weekend. I also had credits from other Amazon orders, so I picked up both of these.




That's it for me. I hope you had a fun mailbox. Wishing you a blessed week.

9 comments:

  1. I have a garden this summer for the first time! I planted lettuce, tomatoes and acorn squash and have been amazed that they're all growing, lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I really have a brown thumb, so anything that grows is a blessing.

      Delete
  2. At least you're trying to learn by reading books on the subject of gardening! I've learned so much through reading. Enjoy your new books and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your garden, and I'm glad the storm wasn't worse. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your power wasn’t out too long. I saw today that folks in Connecticut didn’t have any power for six days. I couldn’t imagine that.

    I can’t plant a garden because the bunnies and the deer eat everything.

    They ate every plant in my flower gardens.

    Thanks for coming by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. We didn't have actual power from the power company, but we were running our generator. It runs most of the house, but not all at once. So, I could either cook or run the air conditioner. The latter won.

      We have a lot of wildlife here, too. I swear I saw a nice ripe strawberry the other day, but when I went into the garden the next morning it wasn't there. Hmmmm... I've secured the fencing a bit better since the storm, so hopefully that helps.

      Delete
  5. I picked up the garden books too but haven't had a chance to use them yet.. :-( I hope you get to enjoy.
    Have a good rest of the week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete