Friday, April 17, 2020

An Imperfect Christian Mom's COVID-19 Diary #4

 




It has been a month of closed schools and businesses. Over the last week, grocery stores in the area have taken even greater precautions to keep consumers and employees safe, like one way arrows in all the aisles to control the flow of traffic.

My new normal is working mostly from home, Zoom for all work or volunteer group meetings, and the entire family home for who knows how long. For Easter, I tried to keep things as normal as possible. Easter egg hunt for the girls in the morning and turkey and ham for dinner. Even though we had a much smaller group than usual, we had a nice time.

More deaths from the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke hit the news (52 so far). Our hearts go out to all those affected. I am grateful that my father-in-law is holding his own so far.

My family is finally getting to see my neat freak side. I think I have washed the kitchen floor three times this week. It helps with my allergies, and now that the living areas have had a good cleaning, I want to keep them that way.

I've read a mix of fiction and non-fiction lately. Before I became a blogger, I had read only non-fiction for two years. I'm grateful blogging turned me back on to the great fiction out there. My main blog, The Book Connection, has been around for more than a decade. Some blogs have come and gone, but I'm thrilled that the loyal readers keep tuning in. More time to blog is a blessing of the current situation. I'm also using my extra time to reach out to folks to see how they are doing. We need to support each other.



When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

Isaiah 43:2

No comments:

Post a Comment