Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Task it Tuesday - Nov 12


Originally created by The Geeky Blogger, Task It Tuesday is a weekly meme to help you--and me--get things done. The challenge is to post a task or list of tasks you want to complete before next Tuesday. These tasks can help you with your blogging life, reading life, personal or professional life.

In checking, September 24 was the last time we had a Task it Tuesday. I would say I've been a bit distracted. :) This is what the list looked like then:


  • Daily Bible reading
  • Exercise four times a week (never happening, but the doctor says so)
  • Blogging
  • Get the yard ready for winter
  • Clean the house
  • Finish cleaning my office
  • Get 6 hours of sleep a night
  • Edit a manuscript
  • Compile additional content for the hardcover release of A Christmas Kindness in 2020

What did I accomplish?

  • My Bible reading has been a bit more sporadic than I would like, but several times a week I am spending time in the Word. This will require some additional discipline in 2020.
  • I have not exercised and I have gained a tiny bit of weight. I need to consider a plan for how to use my barre, the cookbooks, and the workouts I have here to exercise regularly; if for no other reason than to help me be in better shape in case I need to defend myself while out showing houses. 
  • Blogging is fairly regular, but you'll see big gaps when I got so busy I barely slept. I've decided to stop populating my Christian book blog for a while. I will use this blog to post about those titles. I need to better focus my activities.
  • Made good progress on the yard, but the vegetable garden still needs to be taken care of. Might try that this week. 
  • My office is CLEAN!!! It took almost three days, but my closet is free of stuff I don't want; my TBR pile has been organized and I donated some books; all my real estate supplies now fit in the closet with the overflow of books in boxes; and I can see my floor. 
  • My sleeping habits have definitely improved, but I still abuse myself a couple times a week and stay up too late.
  • Finished that manuscript. Now, I am waiting for the copy to come back from the publisher so we can catch anything that might have been missed.
  • Some material has been put together for A Christmas Kindness
Here is this week's task list:

  1. Daily Bible reading
  2. Exercise twice
  3. Get 6 hours of sleep at least 5 nights
  4. Start editing a new manuscript
  5. Blog
  6. Complete two pages of additional content for A Christmas Kindness
  7. Prepare for a closing
What are you working on this week? Anything you need to stay focused on to complete?





No comments:

Post a Comment