Saturday, December 29, 2018

Book Review: Prayers for the Battlefield by Heidi St. John

We might not always think of ourselves as warriors, but the battle is real and moms need to stay steadfast in protecting their faith and their families.

Prayers for the Battlefield by Heidi St. John is a book you're going to want to have on your nightstand to help you through the battles--the big ones and the little ones--that come to moms everywhere. Filled with scripture, prayers, and meaningful reflections, this devotional will meet you where you are in the daily world moms find themselves. Broken down into six sections, Prayers for the Battlefield will take you from the battlefield and beyond, with inspiration, compassion, and empowerment. So many of these reflections touched my heart, it would be impossible for me to choose a favorite. This beautiful hardcover with black, white, and gold text is the perfect gift.

Hardcover: 176 pages
Publisher: Tyndale Momentum (September 18, 2018)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 149641277X
ISBN-13: 978-1496412775

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like one that fits with my First Read 2019 - The Prayer of Jesus. I might make a gift with my Gift Card balance.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a tough read. I can't imagine having a child at war, though not out of the realm of possibility in the future.

    ReplyDelete