Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is a chance for book bloggers to dabble in areas besides books (but those are welcome too). Share your plans for the weekend, a rant on people not using their turn signals in parking lots, or your love of Sunday morning mimosas.

Yesterday was an emotional day. My in-laws' place is finally organized so that the clean up crew can come in and toss what needs to be tossed and bring to our place what is being kept. I found so-o-o-o many wonderful family photos and other mementos during the clean up process. It was hard to part with some of them, but there is only so much room at our place. Here are some of the special treasures I discovered on the last day:


My mother-in-law's parents (they died before I joined the family)


My hubby's newborn photo


Local magazines from the 1980s


My father-in-law's navy uniforms


I'm grateful for the blessing of being part of a wonderful family. 



3 comments:

  1. Sentimental treasures are hard to part with; glad you got to keep some. It is definitely an emotional process.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those magazines are awesome...any poetry or stories in there! How fun finding family treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, ladies. Not sure what's in those magazines yet, Serena. Once things calm down I am going to browse through them.

    ReplyDelete