Monday, January 22, 2018

Mailbox Monday - January 22


Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

Here we are back to Monday. My, the weekend goes by so quickly. I'll be listing a new property today, so I might not respond to your comments right away...but I will get to them.

The girls had a couple of days off last week and then another day because of a snow storm. The Lil' Diva has been taking driving lessons, which is sure to add a few points to the blood pressure. Other than that it was the same old stuff around here.

Nothing new in my physical mailbox, but I did pick up two Kindle freebies and a bargain collection.


It is 1777. The Battle of Saratoga, a turning point of the Revolutionary War, encourages the American Continental Army with their first great victory. But there seemed little to celebrate for one patriotic woman forced to nurse wounded British soldiers right in their war camp. Thrust into deception by a cruel Loyalist uncle, Abigail is forced to lie in order to survive, all the while dealing with fears that challenge her faith. Danger stalks her everywhere, yet her salvation springs from an unexpected source.

Then …

Two hundred years later, on the anniversary of the Battle of Saratoga, thousands arrive from Europe and the United States to celebrate the event -- including descendants from the war. One young American, Abby, meets the offspring of a British soldier. When her life is threatened, Abby turns to the only person she knows at the event -- her British ally. Can she trust him with her life? Or will he betray her in the same way loyalist spies betrayed her ancestors? Perhaps letters from long ago will reveal the truth.


It's Christmastime in 1890s Meadowmead, and someone is venturing out at night to leave packages at the homes of the needy. Dubbed The Yuletide Angel, no one knows the identity of this mysterious benefactor.

No one, except Hugh Barnes, a confirmed bachelor who finds himself drawn to the outwardly shy but inwardly bold Violet Madison, a young woman who risks her safety to help others.

When Violet confesses her fear of eviction from her childhood home, Hugh longs to rescue her. His good intentions are thwarted, however, when Hugh's estranged brother shows up in town ... and in Violet's company.

But Violet faces an even bigger threat. A phantom figure lurks in the shadows, prepared to clip the wings of The Yuletide Angel.


The Tall Pines Mysteries Book Set includes the first four books in Aaron Paul Lazar's award-winning series featuring Marcella and Quinn “Black Eagle” Hollister. With strong Native American themes, the series takes place in the majestic Adirondack Mountains. This fresh, sexy series includes rich characters, essential oils, mystical elements, and plenty of twists and turns as Marcella is pitted against some of the nastiest villains of all time.

I feel like something else happened last week. Hmm...what could it be?

Oh, yeah...


My fourth children's book is now listed on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I'm excited. My printed copies are on order and there are already numerous pre-orders from friends and family. I might need to order more if I hope to have some for reviewers. 

Let me know what was in your mailbox. I pray you all have a blessed week. 

11 comments:

  1. Those bargain books are hard to resist. Good luck with your new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They certainly are. I shouldn't buy any more at all.

      Delete
  2. I love Kindle freebies but I don't get to read most of them. Saratoga Letters looks good. Congratulations on your 4th children's book published! I like the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new book! I remember the feeling...it is awesome!

    I'm curious about the Tall Pines Mysteries. Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    I remember those teens with driving lessons! Yikes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I lived through one kid learning to drive and I have one more to go. I guess a few more gray hairs won't matter.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new kids book. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl,

    First of all, many congratulations on the new book. The cover is amazing and the theming of the story very appropriate for todays world.

    I can honestly say that I have never looked at the Kindle freebies or daily cheapies and I don't really want to start either. I already scan the Goodreads Giveaways daily and I am pre-approved by a couple of publishers on NetGalley, so I definitely have more books than I could even begin to know what to do with.

    One of our neighbours has a son who is learning to drive and it sounds as though they too are having one or two of those heart stopping, pulse thumping moments. I can remember that more or less the first time I drove alone after passing my test, I demolished one of the gate pillars on my parents drive !!

    I quite like the sound of the 'Tall Pines Mysteries', but only if all those sexy scenes are traded off with some great descriptive writing about the native Indian traditions, way of life and the territory they live in. I may wait and see what you think of the series first.

    Thanks for sharing and have a good week :)

    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kindle freebies look good - hope you enjoy them and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new release - it looks like a good one.
    I like the look of all your kindle choices. They aren't fee now but they are tempting.
    Yes, children starting to drive can be stressful. :-)
    Hope your week goes well - Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your kind words about my latest release, everyone. I'm eagerly awaiting the printed copies to arrive here. I think most of them are already sold. Might need to order more for reviewers.

    I enjoy Aaron's mysteries, but I don't recall how sexy they are. We will have to check that part out to see how appropriate they are for people.

    ReplyDelete