Saturday, January 6, 2018

Holy Bible App: The Invisible War Plan by Pastor Rick Warren



As part of my continuing goal to spend more time in the word I have gotten back into some of the reading plans on my Holy Bible app. The topic of spiritual warfare is covered in Pastor Rick Warren's The Invisible War plan featured on the app. This is the beginning of the first devotional I read today:

"You have an enemy--and it's not who you think it is. It isn't the person you're competing against at work. It isn't the difficult neighbor. It isn't your ex-spouse. It isn't the group in your community who are taking unbiblical positions against you.

Your enemy isn't flesh and blood at all. (Ephesians 6:12).

Your battle is with Satan."

Wow! Talk about hitting you right between the eyes. He also talks about finding victory in your life over what's dragging you down.

It's easy to feel dragged down when you're overwhelmed and tired or when life seems to be going every which way but right. This is just what I needed to refocus me on what matters and how best to battle what's bothering me.

Do you have a favorite devotional to read when you're feeling discouraged? Do you, like me, often come across verses that speak to you right where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment