Tuesday, September 3, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Yes, it's Tuesday, but I needed a day of rest yesterday. This weekend we had the sleepover for the Lil' Diva's birthday party. Check out the cake she designed herself. She printed the two photos and then drew a picture of the design she wanted so the bakery would get it right.


After eating out, cake, and presents, the girls decided to perform blind makeovers--the Lil' Diva's idea. One girl was blindfolded and had to make up her partner. Then they switched. In a rare moment of silliness, I allowed each girl to take a turn making me up. Here is the result.


After the guests left on Saturday, Dad took the family into Boston. We wandered around the Boston Public Library, and then watched the Red Sox beat the White Sox.


Fenway replica

On Sunday, we joined the in-laws and drove to Marlborough to meet my brother-in-law, his wife, and their son for a trip to the local Greek festival. 



I ate way too much. I really want to try my hand at making loukoumades.

So now you know why I had to take it easy on Monday. The girls are back to school today, so it's quiet. Here's what the mail carrier brought last week.

Cabela’s® sent not only their Garden Harvest catalog for me, but Dad received the hunting one. Not that he hunts, but they probably have our name from somewhere. I'm very interested in their vacuum sealers. Too much food can go to waste if it isn't sealed probably. I've tried the Ziploc® Vacuum Freezer System, but it's not that easy to use and I've had some things I thought were airtight that ended up not being so.

The only other two things worth mentioning are the books I received. I'm reviewing Winter Wishes by Charlotte Hubbard in November at The Book Connection. Just What Kind of Mother Are You? by Paula Daly also arrived. That is a prize I won from Broken Teepee.

Right now, I'm waiting for the fall garlic and bulbs to arrive from Burpee so I can plant them. I also have plans to move my fruit plants before the first frost. Hopefully I'll be able to manage it. It seems time goes quickly right now.

That's it for this edition of You've Got Mail Monday. Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment