Monday, July 16, 2012

You've Got Mail Mondays


After two weeks away from home, the table was filled with piles of mail. Some of it made its way quickly into the recycle bin. There were, however, several items of interest.

An offer to try a free sample issue of Discovery Girls. This magazine helps connect tween girls with other girls and offers tips on how to handle life's ups and downs.  It looks like it might be a good magazine for the girls, so I sent away for the free issue. If we agree to subscribe, we'll get another 6 issues for only $19.95.

A donation request came in from Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society. I'll pass this along to the hubby. We have gotten our last four cats from Dakin, so we like to support them.

In an envelope from Suzanne Woods Fisher, I received postcards and bookmarks to help promote her upcoming release. I agreed to do this as part of a contest, but I would have done it anyway. I love her work. Her upcoming book, The Haven, is available for pre-order right now.

On the book front, I received some books that I had won from blog giveaways and two I agreed to review. I won Homefront Hero by Allie Pleiter and The Exceptionals by Erin Cashman. From the Amazon Vine Program, I requested Personal Branding for Dummies. I'll review that on their website. I'm also reviewing, 5 Easy Steps to Financial Freedom by Duane Harden in August at The Book Connection. We'll be offering a giveaway for this book here on August 17th.

Several catalogs made their way here too--one of which I haven't seen in a while. Harriet Carter® is a catalog I used to get all the time when I lived in my old apartment. I haven't seen it much since we moved here. They have neat gadgets and gifts. Macy's is having a Home Sale that runs from Wednesday, July 18th - Sunday, July 22nd. The front cover offered an extra 15% Off on select sale and clearance home items, so I might stop in. We could use new curtains for our bedroom. I had bought some to match our old comforter, but when we changed our bedding, the curtains never got updated and they don't match well.

Gardener's Supply Company is running a Summer Sale with savings up to 81% on more than 215 products. I'll definitely be browsing their site to see what I can find to bring me through the end of the growing season and into next year. Land's End sent two catalogs--one for limited quantity sale items and the other with backpacks, lunch bags and back-to-school clothes. Ugh, hard to think about that time of year when we're enjoying summer. I might be looking for new lunch bags for the girls this year. We bought Packits® last year. They are great, but they are heavy, so the little one doesn't use hers that much. They were perfect, however, for our trip down south and back home. It kept the Lil Diva's (10) and Lil Princess' (8) snacks and drinks cold during the car ride. Just in time for the Lil Diva's birthday, the Oriental Trading® Birthday catalog arrived. I'm not sure which theme she wants this year, but they have tons of party favors.

Last, but not least, the July/August issue of the AAA Times arrived. I think I've been a AAA member for around 20 years. They help us with roadside assistance and travel information. They coordinated our Disney trip last year. I like that I can get discounts on hotel stays and car rentals when necessary.

Phew, that's a lot of mail. Now that we're back home, we're trying to catch up on everything we missed. I'll be posting some product reviews soon. I'll also be implementing a new feature in the not so distant future and deciding about domain names.

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment