Saturday, July 7, 2012

Outer Banks Stop #4


The in-laws, my brother-in-law, his wife and the baby, arrived late Monday night. We ended up at the beach Tuesday morning, ate at home for lunch, and then decided to visit my favorite restaurant on the Outer Banks for dinner--Miller's Waterfront Restaurant.

We usually visit Miller's at least twice during our stay. The Lil Princess (8) renamed our Maine Coon cat, Killer, to Miller because she loves eating there so much. She also created an elaborate story where our cat, Miller, owned this OBX favorite and our other cats worked there. Coincidentally, our Miller is also rumored to own and operate the second Miller's location, which is on Virginia Dare Trail, or as many people refer to it, Beach Road.

The family shared two baskets of their yummy onion rings. We also got a chance to share a basket of their famous hush puppies. I try not to eat food I can cook myself when we go out to eat, so that night I feasted on their Broiled Fisherman's Platter (flounder, shrimp, scallops and a crab cake). I'm not a huge fish fan, but I love other seafood, and the way Miller's prepares flounder is superb. Their entrees come with two sides, so I chose a baked potato and a house salad with their housemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing. My meal was out of this world. The entire family was thrilled with their food, and since we had a 15% off adult entrees coupon, we were able to feed the eight of us plus the baby for around $210 (includes gratuity).

It was important for us to visit Miller's this year, and I hope to go back for lunch before we leave. Last year, Miller's was damaged by Hurricane Irene. It forced them to close down for the rest of the season. I followed the renovations on their Facebook page. Thankfully, they were able to reopen this March. I truly looked forward to stopping by on this trip. While I miss the old look of Miller's the renovations came out great. I love how they expanded the rear deck that leads out to the pier.

If you visit the OBX, you have to eat at Miller's Waterfront Restaurant. Family owned since 1982, I have only ever had great meals and excellent service there. Now celebrating 30 years, I wish them at least 30 more.

I selected this post to be featured on Top Mommy Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment