Monday, September 21, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Sep 21

 


Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Well, it's Monday again. I am giving the new Blogger a try because, eventually, it will be all I have. So, I better try it from time to time so I don't lose my mind when the Legacy version is gone (update: looks like it is gone). 

Last week was a productive one. Fall cleaning on the first floor is done. The fall decorations are up. I finished that social media calendar for book promotion I had to work on, and I've been walking more. With the cooler temperatures, cooking and baking woo me into the kitchen. This weekend, I made banana bread, white bread, and some yummy macaroni and cheese. I'm hoping to make applesauce and apple crisp this coming week. 

Banana bread


Dwight and Travis checking out the fall decorations


Our fall mantle

Though no one will accuse me of being an interior decorator, I enjoy the simple things I can do.

My physical mailbox remained empty last week, but I grabbed this seasonal offering through Kindle Unlimited.



That's it for me this week. What was your week like? Any great books arrive? 

9 comments:

  1. Good on you with the Fall preparations. I'm not quite there yet but I will :-) I hope you enjoy the Christmas book (I love the simplicity of the wreath on the door).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I used to get them done earlier, but now seems like a good time. At least we will get to enjoy them a while.

      I like the simple wreath too.

      Appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  2. YUM on the banana bread.

    Have fun decorating and enjoy your new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. The loaf never lasts long.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cheryl,

    I am running my site on Wordpress right now, but that is getting to be very expensive, especially when you factor in all the additional 'plug-ins'. I might have to check out Blogger sometime. I think I have an account already from way back, but I am reluctant to go down that route and leave behind all the freedom and functionality that Wordpress offers!

    I love the look of your banana bread, I can almost smell it from here! Not something I could make however, as hubbie can't stand the stuff and it might be rather greedy of me to devour the entire cake all to myself!! :)

    I'm a little bit of a nerd when it comes to checking out useless bits of information online and I am often pleasantly surprised by my discoveries. I was therefore really hoping that Heirloom Point was a real place - but this time I was disappointed!

    I hope that you enjoy the read and enjoy a peaceful week :)

    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear what you're saying, Yvonne. I've always preferred Blogger, but Wordpress offers so much more.

    Make four mini-loaves, so you can eat one and freeze the others.

    Oh, I do that, too. I like to know if places are real or fictional.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm used to the new Blogger now. No choice really. I'm doing a lot of baking too. I have pumpkins from my dad's garden and I love baking pumpkin spice cake. The house smells so good afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Banana Bread looks wonderful and the mantle is very nice.
    An Heirloom Christmas sounds lovely. Enjoy your baking, decorating and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still working on getting up my fall decorations. We just changed out some of the paintings on the wall last night and should finish the rest up today or tomorrow.
    And now I want to make some macaroni and cheese. It's a shame my husband's not eating pasta these days.

    ReplyDelete