Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Book Review: My Father's Voice by Janice Elizabeth Duval

My Father's Voice by Janice Elizabeth Duval is a well-written and engaging devotional that will encourage you to nurture your relationship with God. 

For many years I've used devotionals to help me explore quality time with God. Though I read my Bible regularly, I truly appreciate the stories of others struggling with their Christian journey or seek the words of someone whose faith inspires me. I enjoy new perspectives on well-known verses and the reminders of how much God cares for me each day.

Duval shares many stories from her life that I can relate to. I loved "Whose Bumper Car Are You In?" and "Bumper Cars and More." The devotional titled "Who Missed Your Bat?" brings the reader back to the days of their childhood. My favorites were the ones that talked about spiritual warfare, like "Hawk in the Trees." 

The subtitle of this devotional is "Learning to Recognize My Heavenly Father's Voice." Through Duval's stories, we witness how God speaks to His children. We learn of His gifts (even those that might not seem like gifts at the time). We learn to listen to the Holy Spirit and are encouraged to let the Holy Spirit work in our lives. 

Perhaps one of the most insightful things Duval said is this, "The Good News is supposed to make us deliriously joyful and happy... but we sometimes make being Christian a chore." I know I found that to be true in my own life at times. 

I will cherish and read more than once My Father's Voice. If you are a woman seeking for ways to begin or to nurture your relationship with your Heavenly Father, this is an excellent devotional to get you started.

Highly recommended!
 

Publisher: Higgins Publishing
Pages: 222
Genre: Devotional
Paperback/Harcover/E-Pub

I received a digital copy of this book from the author through Pump Up Your Book. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment