Monday, October 5, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Oct 5

 


Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Welcome to the first Monday of October. I hope you had a nice week. I had a chance to make some good food, get my hair done, and go visit my mother-in-law. The whole family was together, which was nice. Our son might be away for Thanksgiving, so I'm glad we all got together.


Slow-cooker American Chop Suey


New do


Hubby hanging with his brother's dog


As far as books goes, I decided to cancel my Kindle Unlimited membership because I have so many other things to read. If I get caught up at some point, then I will reconsider it.

The mail carrier brought me two books last week that I can't wait to read.


Reviewing Dec 15


Recommended by our former pastor

As you can see, my holiday mood continues. I really want to read more Christmas fiction and nonfiction this year. I desperately need a break from the doom and gloom of 2020. Very few aspects of life haven't been impacted by the pandemic and Facebook has become a politically charged environment where you have to snooze friends in order to enjoy anything. 

I hope you have a wonderful week. Please feel free to share some of your new books. 


6 comments:

  1. I love your new do! And your books look very tempting. Enjoy, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice visit with family.
    I can understand canceling the Unlimited - we already have huge TBR piles don't we?
    The hair cut looks really cute. I love getting mine cut now as it seems to lighten the load. :-)
    Your new books, with lovely covers, are tempting to me. I like Strobel's "The Case For" series. I need to read more of them.
    Have a good week, stay safe and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, my TBR pile is so outrageous. If I read more quickly, it might make sense.

      You must have thick hair like I do. Definitely makes a difference when it's cut.

      I'm eager to read Strobel's book. I haven't read anything by him yet, but I hear they are great.

      Delete
  3. Christmas books already...I guess it isn't too far away.

    Nice hair cut...looks great.

    I never subscribed to Kindle Unlimited because I would never get to those books. :)

    ENJOY your week, and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas seems to be around the corner, Elizabeth. Thanks for the compliment on my hair.

      Delete