Monday, October 26, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Oct 26

 


Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

There really should be a law against feeling this exhausted. Between a hectic work schedule and the tinnitus making it challenging to sleep, my behind is dragging. The holidays can't come soon enough. Things should slow down then... believe it or not. 

This week I participated in an online cooking class for the first time. A local chef helped us make falafel and rice with a tomato and cucumber salad. I plated mine before he showed us how to plate it. I'm not much on presentation. The third plate I did his way: rice on the bottom, falafel on top of the rice and the salad on the side with some tahini sauce. 




The Lil' Diva bought the animals Halloween costumes. The animals were not impressed.


Theo the Lion


Dwight the Pumpkin


Travis the Bat

The one really nice thing about the pandemic is that I've been walking in the woods behind the house. Tonight, the man about the place and I took a leisurely stroll with Theo. Not the best photo, but the fall colors in the woods are beautiful. 




On the mailbox front, I received two books for review.






I also picked up these freebies for my Kindle.




I used credits to buy this seasonal story.



It looks like that's it from my end. Hope you have a great week.

8 comments:

  1. I read one of Jessica James' earlier novels and really enjoyed it so I hope you love this Christmas book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a couple, Mary. I only found this one because she and I are friends on FB. Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a nice week.

      Delete
  2. I love your pictures.
    I also love cooking.

    Nice looking books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those woods look so inviting! I would love to have woods nearby to improve my exercising.

    Enjoy those books, too, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking through the woods really is fun...as long as the wildlife doesn't get too grizzly.

      Thanks for visiting, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the cooking - Looks good.

    Enjoy your new books and this last week of October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a young lawyer I dated a man whose mother cooked wonderful Lebanese, including falafel, tabbouleh, hummus, kibbeh and more. Yum, Yum!
    Hope your Tinnitus passes and you get some better rest.
    The pets are so cute with their costumes!
    Danger in Monrovia looks like fun and I snagged both of the freebies. Thanks.
    Stay safe, rest up and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete