Monday, March 25, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday




The postman was working overtime to deliver mail to my house this week. Between catalogs and books, the poor guy must have broken his back.

Gardner's Supply Company, Burpee, and Ballard Designs all sent me their latest catalogs. I'm seriously thinking about what I can do for edging in between my raised beds this year. The grass grew all around them last year, making it a chore for the hubby to take care of. Maybe some Coco Fiber Edging will work. I still haven't ordered my seeds yet, either, so I better get started.

A plethora of books arrived last week. I'm doing my Snoopy dance over it, even if I won't get to read them right away. Tiger tales sent me many of their spring books to review at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection. I ordered two used books from Amazon: Black Women in White America edited by Gerda Lerner and Born for Liberty: A History of Women in America by Sara M. Evans. A prolific writer, Lerner was a pioneer of women's history. She passed away at the age of 92 this January.

I'll be reviewing This is How To Get Your Next Job by Andrea Kay over at The Book Connection. The publisher accidentally sent me two copies of the book, so I'll be offering one as a giveaway here soon. Finally, Philip Rock's Greville Family Saga was re-released due to the popularity of Downton Abbey. I won this trilogy and can't wait to start reading it. I know it will be awhile, but I might try to squeeze the books in between my other books for review.

I think that's it for this peek into my mailbox. I hope you have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment