Monday, March 11, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday


It's Monday again. Should be a nice one around here. We had 8 or 9 inches of snow on Friday, but the sun was shining over the weekend and it should hit around 52 here today. Let's hope spring is really on the way.

Some wonderful goodies arrived in the mail last week. A Gardner's Supply Company catalog arrived early in the week, taunting me with thoughts of what I'll do with the garden this year. I definitely want to figure out better pest control from the deer, rabbits, and squirrels. Some of my corn got ripped out stalk and all last year. Plus I had some root crops dug up.

I'm also looking for a couple of nice bird feeders for the yard. Using an old cat litter pan to feed the animals doesn't exactly make for a lovely sight.

As far as books go, I'm excited to say that When the Butterflies Came by Kimberley Griffiths Little arrived. The Lil Diva (11), Lil Princess (9) and I read her book, Circle of Secrets last summer, so when the author asked for anyone interested in an ARC of her new book, I hopped at the chance. This is the next book we'll be reading once we finish up Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.

We're also excited about the arrival of Emma Dilemma and the Two Nannies. We read the latest book in this series by Patricia Hermes last month. We loved it so much, I took advantage of this book being offered through the Amazon Vine program.

I'm reviewing two poetry books at The Book Connection in May: My Magnolia Memories and Musings and Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia by Patricia Neely-Dorsey. Both books arrived at the tail end of the week.

Also as part of the Amazon Vine program, I requested Peeled Snacks Organic Apple Clusters, Cinnamon Crunch. We're big snackers here, so anything that is fat free and all-natural is something worth trying.

That's it from my neck of the woods. Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment