Monday, March 18, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Spring. Spring. Where for art thou, spring? I am so ready to get out into the yard and clean up, but the weather isn't cooperating. They are calling for 4 - 8 inches of snow/sleet starting tonight into Tuesday afternoon. Really? The snow from the last storm hasn't all melted yet.

Two things arrived in the mailbox last week that reminded me of spring, too. The Womanswork catalog, which carries garden gloves and gardening supplies and my April 2013 issue of Traditional Home. This issue features a series of garden rooms in Charleston's historic district.

I've been tossing around ideas for this year's garden. Last year, we bought raised beds, which I think I will do again this year. I'll keep the ones we have and maybe buy three new ones. That would give me 6 - 42 x 42 inch gardening plots. The raised beds I bought from The Home Depot last year worked great, so I would be buying the same ones. I didn't like the pest control netting I used last year, so I'm open for suggestions on what would be good to try. I don't want to add something too permanent, since I never know what the hubby has planned for the yard.

That's it for this week's edition of You've Got Mail Monday. Hope you have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment