Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts - Sep 5



Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is a chance for book bloggers to dabble in areas besides books (but those are welcome too). Share your plans for the weekend, a rant on people not using their turn signals in parking lots, or your love of Sunday morning mimosas.

Welcome to September! I hope you had a nice Labor Day weekend. We took the girls into NYC as a belated birthday gift for the Lil' Diva (I should probably stop calling her that since she turned 17 last month).

We walked to Central Park on Sunday since Monday was going to be a scorcher. There was a little fair going on with amusement rides for the little ones. They posed in front of that and did some walking on the rocks. Sunday night we ate at John's Pizzeria and did some shopping in Times Square. Monday was filled with breakfast at a local cafe and more shopping (gosh, I swear that's all the girls like to do). The ride home was pretty easy, but we saw a ton of traffic driving back into New York Monday afternoon.


The kids in Central Park


Climbing rocks in Central Park


Times Square - Sep 2


Window shopping at Macy's--Found these cute piggies I would like to have in my house

We are happy that dance starts this coming weekend. The Lil' Princess might have soccer practice before dance. She will definitely be beat by the time she's done. 

It's a full work week for me. I keep hoping to take some time off to clean the house, but it never happens. I guess going to NYC instead of staying home to clean doesn't make me sound too worthy of sympathy. :) 

Hope you have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week you had! I must visit NYC someday! Sooner rather than later.

    Great photos, too. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Serena and Laurel. NYC is certainly worth spending some time in, but I sure wouldn't want to live there. Not sure how my nephew does it. Very busy.

    ReplyDelete