Monday, September 14, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Sep 14




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

After a busy weekend, I came to post at my blogs and discovered Blogger had changed to the new version. I'm like, stop it. Between the pandemic, wildfires across the Pacific Northwest, Tropical Storm Sally potentially turning into a hurricane headed right for Louisiana, and all the civil unrest across the nation, Blogger needs to be the one thing I can count on to stay the same. I reverted to the Legacy version.

Now, on to better things. Here are some photos from the weekend.



Travis likes that there is more room to get into the pantry now.


Not to be outdone by his brother, Dwight wants to investigate the pantry, too. 


Just when I think I will give up on the garden, it grows things.


Growing wild on the outskirts of our yard.

As for books, nothing in the mailbox. Good thing, since I haven't felt much like reading. I did, however, pick up this one from my publisher's website. Colleen has several books that I want to check out.


Here is a short blurb:


Thirteen-year-old Tyler and his twelve-year old-sister, Cat, are in big trouble: at home, at school, and with the law. The verdict is in and they hate it: a year living in the mountains of eastern Oregon in a log house in the wilderness.

That's it from my neck of the woods. Hope you have a great week.

8 comments:

  1. I've been loving the tomatoes out of my garden lately. Glad yours is producing! I have to say I'm quite content to live in the upper midwest - I'm not going to think about blizzards yet ;-) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll grow cherry tomatoes next year. If I keep the garden, I will switch back to regular tomatoes so I can can some sauce.

    Until 2011, I could say we were pretty much unaffected by major weather events. That was a year we still talk about, just like I am sure 2020 will be the topic of conversation for years to come.

    Thanks for visiting, Mary. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Harvest!!

    Enjoy the tomatoes, and enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! Blogger and Facebook had to change everything right now? Right now? Your mailbox book appeals to me too because I'm here in Oregon. Sounds like one my young cousins might like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing, Gilion. Couldn't they wait until life settles down for everyone.

      I'm eager to read this one. I'll let you know how it is.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. The change to blogger nearly did me in. I spent many a night trying to work out the new system huffing and sighing at my computer. I think I've got it now(hopefully). Your produce looks amazing. I'm hoping our garden will come on now it is Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm slowly getting used to the new Blogger and it is a pain. I have found coding to get the images to work but I still struggle with some strange scrolling as I try to make changes. Ah well. Another opportunity to learn.
    Cute kitties being inquisitive!
    It is always fun to grow your own vegetables. I miss our garden but hubby did all that work and he can't anymore.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete