Thursday, September 3, 2020

An Imperfect Christian Mom's COVID-19 Diary #14

 



It's been nearly two months since I wrote about our life during COVID-19. At the time, I felt pretty low. I wish I were a stronger Christian so that my faith carried me fully through all the worry and feelings of inadequacy I deal with as a wife and working mom. 

Tinnitus impacts my sleep. Not such a big deal in the summer, but now that the Lil' Princess is back in school and I have to get up early, my productivity has suffered. Not a ton, but some. I'm signing up new real estate clients, which is a positive, plus I have an editing project I'm working on.

The real estate market had only a small valley at the beginning of the pandemic. Other than that, it's been a great year for selling. Buyers find themselves in a highly competitive market of low inventory and historically low interest rates. Prices keep going up, making it challenging to secure the property they want. Sellers in some markets are selling for thousands over asking price. If the price is right it goes before you have a chance to blink.

I'm in the midst of research for a huge decision I'm facing. Don't you wish you had a crystal ball to look into the future sometimes? I'm keeping it up in prayer and hope my heart and mind are open to God's guidance--no matter what it is.

It's a blessing that the family remains safe and healthy. With the Lil' Diva working in a nursing home kitchen, we are keeping up a strict cleaning regimen. Massachusetts has not moved further along in its re-opening plan, but we are hopeful as the numbers stay low that it is in the near future--we just don't know about the second wave and what that will bring.

As we all endure these trying times, my sincere prayer is that we work together and focus on what binds us and not what separates us. I pray we stay kind and eager to help each other. 


2 comments:

  1. We are all living in strange times. I've seen how real estate has not plummeted, which is good and bad. Some of the home prices have been very high here too. I hope you and your family continue to be well and good luck with your big decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Serena. It is such a strange and angry world we live in right now.

    ReplyDelete