Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Task it Tuesday - Apr 20


Originally created by The Geeky Blogger, Task it Tuesday is a weekly meme to help you--and me--get things done. The challenge is to post a task or list of tasks you want to complete before next Tuesday. These tasks can help you with your blogging life, reading life, personal or professional life.

The last Task It Tuesday I posted appeared on March 4. Part of me feels guilty. But, after the day I had, I honestly don't care.

How does one say goodbye to a man who has been more like a father than your biological one? How does one wait at home for the bad news while your father-in-law struggles to breathe simply because COVID-19 protocols say you only have one 30-minute visit before you have to leave your loved one behind to suffer alone? How do you keep the sadness and anger at bay so you can better support your husband and children in their time of need?

This is a strange and cruel world we live in right now. It takes all my faith and a mountain of prayer for me to go on about my day without throwing something at the wall. I never know when I will start crying.

So, for Task it Tuesday, I am giving myself only two tasks this week:


  1. Spend more time in the Word.
  2. Write my father-in-law's obituary.
Please hold your loved ones close. Don't miss a chance to tell them you love them. 

4 comments:

  1. It is so hard Cheryl and my thoughts are with you. It is good to have a cry every so often. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear the loss for your family. I imagine it was extra hard not being able to visit and be there with him more over these last weeks. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete