Monday, April 13, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Apr 13





Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Happy Easter Monday! One of the local grocery store chains decided to close Easter Sunday and Monday to give its workers some much needed rest. Since this pandemic hit Massachusetts, grocery stores have shortened their hours, but that is because they needed time to restock. Every time I go into the store it is busy. God bless these people for being there in a time of need. They deserve more than two days.

Our Easter was nice, but much smaller than usual. My father-in-law is stuck at the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke. It has been a month since we saw him. We sent my mother-in-law to live with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law when things started getting crazy around here since I still go out in public and work. We haven't seen her in a month either. At least we can still talk on the phone.

I spent the days leading up to Easter cleaning the house. I actually got down on my hands and knees and used a brush to get dirt out around baseboards. Don't think I've done that in at least a decade. Who had time? Though the house isn't perfect yet, I hope we can get closer to that by the end of the week.

My physical mailbox was empty again this week. I'm trying not to order to many things. It's a pain to leave boxes out on the porch and then disinfect everything that comes in. I did, however, order this book as a Kindle freebie Sunday.



Hope you will share your mailbox finds. Have a blessed week.


5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your week and your house cleaning! It is nice to get things done that have not been done in a while.

    I finally finished all of my shredding! When I moved in here, I had several bags of it. My last bag had so many staples in the documents that I had to order one of the heavy duty staple pullers. LOL. Done and done.

    Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how that would be a chore you are happy to have completed, Laurel. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Yes, retail clerks, truck drivers and many other underpaid, underappreciated people are our heroes right now. I hope we all remember them when we get past this.

    Enjoy your extra time to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Bermudaonion. When I talk to the nurses at the Soldiers' Home I let them know we are praying for them. Really a tough time for all of those working the front lines of this thing.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. When I clean I do that - scrub every crevices. So it's easier to have a cleaner come in especially since I have limited time.
    The medical professionals are doing above and beyond. Also those staying in the stores to serve and trucks to deliver foods and supplies.
    WE have tried to be creative with paper handling in the office. We won't let travelers in so we are working on a way to put signed papers in an envelope and then let it sit. And we gently wipe down all packages received. Certainly not guaranteed.
    Thanks for the tip on the School for Spirits.
    Stay safe and enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete