Monday, April 20, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Apr 20





Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

How is it Monday again? For any of my Orthodox friends: Christos Anesti! For anyone who is unaware, this means "Christ is Risen!"

Our Orthodox Easter celebration was slim this year--just us and the kids. We are practicing social distancing for the sake of my mother-in-law. We had a nice time with the kids, but we did receive word that my father-in-law is not doing well. He has been transferred to the hospital. Please keep him up in prayer.

My mailbox was empty this week, which is okay. I am catching up on overdue reviews. I did, however, pick up a box of old magazines from a tag sale that I am flipping through.



These magazines include stories, photographs and other tidbits from days gone by. Every once in a while I run across a picture from Massachusetts that is of special interest.

That's it from me this week. I hope you received some great books in your mailbox.


8 comments:

  1. Time if dragging and flying by both during these strange times. I'll pray for your father-in-law and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bermudaonion. We appreciate the prayers.

      Delete
  2. Hope your father-in-law is doing better soon! That old magazine looks cool. I'm trying to catch up on reading/reviews too - it's a never ending battle, but I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki. The old magazines make me think of so many neat treasures I found in my in-laws' basement when I cleaned out their house to sell it.

      Delete
  3. That old magazine looks like a rare fun find. I am praying for you f-i-l and your family. Stay well and enjoy good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the news about your father-in-law.

    Love the magazine.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your faith helps to get you through this trying time. Sometimes it's good to have no new books as it gives you a chance to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your father-in-law recovers. This is a strange time...I hope the real estate business has not fallen off too much.

    ReplyDelete