Thursday, March 26, 2020

An Imperfect Christian Mom's COVID-19 Diary

 




Since last Monday, the lives of Massachusetts residents and others across the nation have drastically changed. We heard about COVID-19 across the ocean, but until it hit home it was just something going on in other areas of the world.

Now, states, cities, and towns across the nation shut down regular businesses we took for granted would be open whenever we wanted them. We aren't free to eat, celebrate, or worship in the ways we always have. We are distanced from family, friends, and colleagues. The regular schedules that regulate our daily activities are interrupted by closed schools, cancelled sports, and working from home.

For me, this pandemic has meant a shift in work practices. As an asthma sufferer, I've been careful about any unnecessary exposure. Yes, I am still showing homes, but I don't go out as often. Meetings are all by Zoom or GoToMeeting. For some agents it is business as usual--unless Governor Baker says differently. I simply can't do that, because bronchitis is tough enough on me; never mind this COVID-19 stuff. Staying positive has been challenging, but spending time in the Word and in prayer helps. So does trying to be a source of inspiration for others.

In the early days of the pandemic, I began sharing news on Facebook to help spread information. The last two days I have switched gears. People are tired of news. They are tired of updates. They want to be inspired. They want to be uplifted. They want to know they aren't alone. So, no more links to videos with the latest from the Baker administration or news updates. People can find that stuff if they want it.

Two recent blog posts:

Inspiration During a Crisis (for writers, but others might find it helpful for productivity)

Ten Books to Inspire and Uplift You

I am working to make this blog a more uplifting place to visit. Maybe weekly inspirational quotes. Please know I am keeping all of you up in prayer.


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10




No comments:

Post a Comment