Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Task it Tuesday - Apr 23


Originally created by The Geeky Blogger, Task It Tuesday is a weekly meme to help you--and me--get things done. The challenge is to post a task or list of tasks you want to complete before next Tuesday. These tasks can help you with your blogging life, reading life, personal or professional life.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. It was a nice holiday here. For the first time in 20 years, I didn't cook. We took the three kids, our daughter-in-law, and my father-in-law out to lunch. Then, with very full bellies, we spent time at home. This coming Sunday is Orthodox Easter, so we will be driving out to see the rest of the family.

It's been two weeks since I posted my to-do list. Here is the list I posted last time.

  • Daily Bible reading (DONE)
  • Stick to my 5-5-5-5 plan for reaching out to more people: 5 calls, 5 texts, 5 emails and 5 handwritten notes every day (NOT REALLY)
  • Time block my calendar (NO)
  • Send out Spring Maintenance letter (DONE)
  • Find two agents for Clever Tom (SEARCHING)
  • Write query letter for Clever Tom (DONE)
  • Set up ballet barre in bonus room (SET UP IN FAMILY ROOM)
  • Set out bag of donations for Wednesday (DONE)
  • Schedule appointments (DONE)
After four months of trying to make time blocking work for me, I am calling it a failed experiment. Some people love it. I hate it. Time for a new plan. Met with a real estate coach in person last week and he convinced me that unless I was going to stick to it, the time blocking was useless. I totally agree. 

He did, however, show me a plan that could work to help me accomplish the 5-5-5-5 plan that is crucial to an agent's success. In addition, because I was so motivated, I was able to focus myself and get that Spring Maintenance letter out the door to my clients. That means every month so far this year, I've sent something to my clients--which has been my goal for two years. Feeling awesome!!!!

Though it has been tough to fit it in, I've worked out on the barre three times in the last week and a half. I missed yesterday because my meeting ran over, and today I am going from one thing to the next. Wednesday morning will be my plan since I have to be up and out the door by 6:40 anyway.

Clever Tom needs a home, so I wrote my query letter. Need feedback on that--I suck at query letters. I'm also looking for an agent for this story. Once the query letter is polished, I want to have a list of two to four agents to submit it to. Wish me luck.



On Sunday, I finished my Lenten devotional. This is a great book. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to reduce anxiety and worry in their lives. I'm up to work my way through another devotional in 2020 for Lent. Not sure of the topic yet.  

With our daily Bible reading, we are going through 2 Samuel and some of the Psalms. 

This week, I would like to accomplish the following:
  • Daily Bible reading
  • 5-5-5-5 plan for reaching out to people: 5 calls, 5 texts, 5 emails and 5 handwritten notes every day 
  • Write a chapter of Amelia's Mission
  • Polish query letter for Clever Tom
  • Create list of agents to submit Clever Tom to
  • Barre workout Wednesday and Saturday
  • Start finding a way to plan meals (my diet stinks right now)
I think that's it for me. What's on your to-do list? Is there a certain task or tasks you want to accomplish this week? Is there any way for me to help you reach your goals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment