Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts - Sep 19



Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is a chance for book bloggers to dabble in areas besides books (but those are welcome too). Share your plans for the weekend, a rant on people not using their turn signals in parking lots, or your love of Sunday morning mimosas.

Do you have a least favorite chore? I was wondering, because I have two: laundry and vacuuming.

Hubby nicely bought me a robot vacuum for Christmas, but the dog is petrified of it. Every time I start the silly thing, he tries to bite it and barks like a madman, so it never gets used. The central vac is great, but it takes forever and it is so annoying pulling the hose out of one outlet and plugging it into the next one to keep going; especially when you have to move the couch first. Oh, wait, I don't have to do that anymore. The dog ate it, so I threw the couch away.

Laundry is just one of those things that is so never ending. First you have to sort it. Then you load it into the washer. Then you have to tug wet, heavy clothes into the dryer. Next you have to run to the dryer the minute it stops to fold the clean clothes or hang them so they don't wrinkle. And then you have to put them away. By the time you're done, there are dirty clothes in the laundry basket again. Why can't it be more like cooking/baking? Yeah, it takes a while, but you get a nice reward at the end.

I decided to do a few things for myself this week:

  • Bring back to life Cheryl's Christian Book Connection
  • Pay the in-laws' bills early so I can enjoy the rest of the month
  • Skim some library books for research on my current writing project
  • Spend time in the garden
What did you do for yourself this week? 

3 comments:

  1. I hate dusting and vacuuming...the dusting would be a lot easier if I got rid of some of my decorative items. Sigh.

    Since I'm down to a household of one, laundry isn't a problem for me, but it definitely was when I had kids growing up.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My least favorite chore is dusting. I absolutely refuse to do it! LOL I have a very dusty house. :(

    Sounds like you made some breathing room for yourself with the bills being paid early. I hope your research project goes well.

    Laundry is the one chore I like because my daughter loves to help fold -- granted only her own clothes but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of dusting either, but at least I do that sparingly. This weekend I need to clean out the garage a bit. Doesn't that sound like fun?

    Hope you have a great week, Laurel and Serena. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete