Monday, February 5, 2018

Mailbox Monday - February 5


Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

Thankfully, January is over. By February I can really begin to think spring--even if that silly groundhog saw his shadow.

It was a busy week for me: lots of blogging, a bit of reading, negotiating offers, and listing a new property. On top of all the family stuff, of course.

Bought tickets for the girls to see Fall Out Boy in concert this summer. That should be a fun show. Do you listen to them at all? I don't mind them.

I'm trying to figure out what I should buy for a new car--well, new to me anyway. Old Reliable really needs a rest. He's been good for over 13 years. It's time to put him out to pasture.

As far as my mailbox goes, I received one book I've been waiting on...


One hundred years after her mother's family came to the New World on the Mayflower, Maribel Cordova has landed in New Orleans to seek the man who holds the key to finding her father’s lost treasure. Attorney Jean-Luc Valmot has buried his past life so deep that no living person will ever find it—or so he hopes as he accepts a position on the governor’s staff. But the daughter of an infamous pirate threatens all he holds dear. Can Maribel and Jean-Luc compromise so they both can hold onto what they most desire?

I read the first book in The Daughters of the Mayflower series, The Mayflower Bride by Kimberely Woodhouse. Great book. I'm eager to start on the new one, but it might need to wait until school vacation week.

That's it from me. Hope you all have a blessed week.


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cover - hope you love it when you get a chance to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the color of that dress stunning? Thanks for visiting, Mary.

      Delete
  2. The Pirate Bride sounds really good! Hope you love it as much as the first book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm hoping it is, bermudaonion. The first book was wonderful. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely cover. I hope you enjoy it. I really need to look for some Christian reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith played a role in the first book. Not sure how much it will in this one. Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer.

      Delete
  5. I love that cover! Enjoy the book, and have another great week.

    I haven't kept up with contemporary music...my bad. Perhaps I need an iPod?

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it weren't for my kids, I don't think I would keep up on current music either, Laurel. At least they keep me young...and give me gray hair. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait for Spring! The Pirate Bride looks good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, Carol. We are getting a bad storm Wednesday. Yuck! Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  7. Pretty cover..ENJOY the book and your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  8. I actually had no idea what "Groundhog Day" actually represented, until one of the mainstream UK news channels ran the piece, alongside reports of the President's "Address to the Nation". Given that the poor groundhog has predicted that winter isn't over yet, I hope that he was returned to his den to await the emergence of spring in peace!

    'The Daughters Of The Mayflower' sounds like a lovely series and I am assuming that the books work okay as stand alone stories.

    Happy Reading :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are stand alone novels, Yvonne. It will be interesting to see how this one compares to the first since it's a different author.

      I'm hoping the Groundhog hides too. It's going to snow like crazy here this week.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. This sounds good even though I sort of steer away from pirate stories. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't say I read a lot of them, Martha. Since I read the first book and loved it, though, I felt I should give this one a try.

      Hope you have a great week.

      Delete