Friday, May 2, 2014

The Friday 56 - Week 176


Welcome to Week 176!

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to the Linky at Freda's Voice. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.


Recent health issues have made me consider my eating habits. While I know I am headed for some changes, I'm not sure I'll have the willpower to accomplish everything. We'll have to see. I pre-ordered I Quit Sugar  in January, after visiting Sarah Wilson's blog. Here is the official Amazon description of the book:

A week-by-week guide to quitting sugar to lose weight; boost energy; and improve your looks, mood, and overall health, with 108 sugarfree recipes.

Sarah Wilson thought of herself as a relatively healthy eater. She didn't realize how much sugar was hidden in her diet, or how much it was affecting her well-being. When she learned that her sugar consumption could be the source of a lifetime of mood swings, fluctuating weight, sleep problems, and thyroid disease, she knew she had to make a change.

What started as an experiment to eliminate sugar--both the obvious and the hidden kinds--soon became a way of life, and now Sarah shows you how you can quit sugar too:

* follow a flexible and very doable 8-week plan
* overcome cravings
* make food you're excited to eat with these 108 recipes for detox meals, savory snacks, and sweet treats from Sarah Wilson and contributors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Curtis Stone, Dr. Robert Lustig (The Fat Chance Cookbook), Sarma Melngailis (Raw Food/ Real World), Joe "the Juicer" Cross, and Angela Liddon (Oh She Glows)

I Quit Sugar makes it easy to kick the habit for good, lose weight, and feel better than ever before. When you are nourished with delicious meals and treats, you won't miss the sugar for an instant.

"When I quit sugar I found wellness and the kind of energy and sparkle I had as a kid. I don't believe in diets or in making eating miserable. This plan and the recipes are designed for lasting wellness." -- Sarah Wilson


Page 56 is a picture, so here is a teaser from page 57:

1. I hate waste...

So I've devised recipes that use the same core ingredients over and over, in different ways. Some might not be familiar to you, or might be a little hard to find in your neighborhood. You might like to buy one or two at a time and see what grabs your fancy. I don't deal in "exacts," so many ingredients in my recipes can actually be replaced if you've run out or don't want to buy a whole box of new stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment