Monday, May 5, 2014

How Does A Busy Mom Serve God? by RL Keller, Author of Man's Rejection of God: Who's Responsible?


Indian nationalist leader Mahatma Gandhi has been quoted as saying “I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” This is a sad indictment of the Christian community as a whole. Is it true? Are believers in Christ the reason people keep their distance from Judeo-Christian beliefs and the God we embrace? I feel there’s no question that we’re partially to blame. In this book I touch on a wide variety of topics, but in the end call out Christians to immerse themselves in a time of reassessment as we all strive to be more genuine and consistent in our faith.

Purchase at Amazon (hardcover/paperback) or pick up a Kindle version.

How Does A Busy Mom Serve God?
by RL Keller

How does a busy mom serve God? For the woman who would like to be more like Christ in each area of her life, there has to be a way. Like salvation itself, it’s an individual endeavor. Now I’m not going to tell you if you really wanted to spend time with God you would find the time. I don’t know your schedule so that would be rather presumptuous of me. The fact does remain though that God isn’t moving. He’s patiently waiting for you to get your act together. It takes time.

The way I spend time with God is to do my devotional blog in the mornings, listen to uplifting, Christ centered music as often as possible and try to allow Him to speak to me through these avenues of communication. My scripture reading comes in conjunction with my book writing. I have a very hard time sitting still, so far be it from me to take anyone to task for not sitting silently in a chair waiting for some epiphany to strike them. I receive from the Lord on the go many times. I’ve tried to train myself to listen for His voice.

God loves you. You are of immeasurable value to Him. So much so He sent His Son to die for you. He knows your heart. He knows your schedule. If you desire to be closer to Him, then it will happen. Time means nothing to God. The Bible says “a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day” to God (2 Peter 3:8). God can make a way where there is no way and fill you up to overflowing with contentment and peace even in the most trying of times. All you need do is ask Him.

It’s all a matter of faith and trust. Do you trust the Lord implicitly; without hesitation? Know that He wants only the very best for you and will provide it when you need it the most. Jeremiah 29:11 assures us of the following: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” That’s a promise from God. He has never reneged on a promise. His word is true, on that you can rely.

As you go through your hectic day, try to incorporate God into it. If you have kids, involve them too. Let them know how important God is to you. That way it will be important to them as well, and as they grow up they will pass this importance on to their children. Now go walk with the King and be a blessing!

Richard Louis Keller was born in Newark, NJ in 1955 and grew up in Middletown Township (NJ). He graduated from Montclair State College in 1978 with a degree in Broadcasting. Rich gave his life to Christ in 1979. Since his conversion he has spent time ministering for the Lord in various capacities. God gave Rich the gift of communication. He uses that gift by writing a daily devotional blog and has had two other books published.

Visit Rich online at www.breadoflifemin.net and his blog at www.minidevos.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment