Monday, June 17, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Happy, happy, joy, joy. Happy, happy, joy. (Brownie points for anyone who knows where that comes from.)  It has arrived! It's so rare I treat myself, I can't help but get excited when a total unnecessary, but thrilling product arrives.

I've missed talking about Downton Abbey while it's in between seasons. I can't wait until January, so I have an excuse to bombard this blog with DA posts. Enjoying this show so much was a surprise to me because it's not an era or a setting I read a lot of. American drama set in the 1800s is my thing. But these characters' lives have totally captivated me. I've even joined a DA forum.

The World of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes is filled with tons of historical information and loaded with historical pictures and photographs from the show. I've only skimmed it because most of my reading time takes place in the bathtub at night and there is no way I am taking this book with me. I hope to read through it while we're in North Carolina.

Included in this shipment was the latest Dork Diaries book, Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker, by Rachel Renee Russell. The girls love this series and we never miss a book. Thank God for Jeff Kinney and his Diary of a Wimpy Kid series that spurred an entire trend of diary books for boys and girls.

My latest Land's End and Gardener's Supply Company catalogs arrived last week, too. That's it for now. Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment