Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Product Review: Sun Maid® Tropical Dreams (Pineapple)

I'm a huge snacker when I work on my computer, but I don't want to load up on junk food and gain tons of weight. On a recent grocery shopping trip I saw Sun Maid® Tropical Dreams Pineapple on the shelf above the raisins. I figured these would be a great way to add fruit to my diet and still feed my snack cravings.

These are chunked pieces of pineapple in a 6 oz bag. The bag is the perfect size to keep by my computer. The fruit has a nice texture considering it's dried. Too bad I didn't enjoy them more. I've eaten my share of pineapple. I love it. The added sugar made these snacks way too sweet. A quarter cup serving of Sun Maid Tropical Dreams Pineapple has 27 grams of sugar. Even the Lil Diva' who is a sweet freak found them too sugary. They are a bit big to add to yogurt, but maybe if you add them to a large bowl of oatmeal it would cut back on the sweet taste. One Amazon reviewer said this would make a healthier alternative to candy, which makes sense to me. With how sweet these are, I really can't say I would recommend them as a healthy snack.


I purchased this product at my local Walmart during a normal shopping trip. This review contains my honest opinions, for which I have not been compensated in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment