Wednesday, November 21, 2012

WSJ Wednesday - Kitchens



Can you imagine having a 5,000 square foot great room with plush furniture, fireplaces, multiple flat screens and hidden appliances? No, me either, but the pictures are great to look at.

In Candace Jackson's article, "The Kitchen That Ate the House," featured in the Friday, November 16, 2012 edition of The Wall Street Journal, we get a glimpse of some mighty fine eating spaces and open floor plans. I'm much more of a traditional than contemporary kind of person, so the sleek Artesio kitchen didn't do much for me. I loved the conversion of a two-car garage into an 800-square-foot kitchen. I like how the white makes it seem more roomy, but I know that would also make it harder to keep clean.

When we built our house, I didn't think much of how small our kitchen would be. I worked full-time and spent only a couple of hours in it a day. Now that I'm home, and considering how the kitchen seems to be the place everyone hangs out when we entertain, I'm hoping we get a chance to add on and make the space more user friendly. I've been saving clips from magazines to inspire ideas. While it's unlikely I'll ever own a home worthy of being featured in the paper or a magazine, I can still make the kitchen something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment