Thursday, November 1, 2012

Test Kitchen Thursday - Raspberry Butter Braid




In the spring, one of our daughters' schools sold Butter Braid® products as a fundraising event. Because it took time to prepare, I had kept mine in the freezer until I had time to make it. In the end, it wasn't very difficult.



You remove the Butter Braid from the freezer and place it on a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan or  11 x 17 cookie sheet. Loosely cover in plastic wrap and allow to thaw and rise at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours.


Remove the plastic wrap and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 to 27 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool, slice, and drizzle icing (packet included) over braid. I ended up drizzling the icing on before I sliced it.



This was absolutely delicious! Even my girls, who aren't big pastry fans, loved it. I choose the raspberry version, but they come in a variety of yummy flavors. These are only available through fundraisers, so if you're looking for something new and unique you might want to consider Butter Braids. If I knew they were this good, I would have ordered more.

No comments:

Post a Comment