Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Checking In

 
 
Where does the time go? It seems like only yesterday the Lil Diva (11) and the Lil Princess (8) were running around barefoot in the rain. It's a rainy Wednesday in Western Mass, as the remnant of Hurricane Issac makes its way up the coast. My fall vegetables will enjoy this break from the heat.
 
 
I've remained busy this week. Today is my deadline for the editing project I am working on. I'm over 2/3 of the way done, so I should make it without a problem. I've also been trying to catch up on reading. I recently posted a First Chapter Review of David Wesley Hill's At Drake's Command and a review of Healing Music by Carolyn Huebner Rankin. Today's review is of Back to Bataan by Jerome Charyn. I also recently finished the next book in Marilyn Meredith's Deputy Tempe Crabtree series, Raging Water, and the final book in the Freedom Series, The Deliverer, by Kathi Macias.
 
 
This weekend we'll be hosting a sleepover for the Lil Diva's 11th birthday, which was last month. iParty didn't have The Hunger Games party supplies in stock, but we managed to create our own theme by purchasing orange and yellow plates, napkins, and cups. I think I'll come up with some type of scavenger hunt for the kids. In addition, I'm going to make a punch and call it Tracker Jacker Venom. Some blueberries could be a good substitute for nightlock berries. And what party would be complete without some bread, the kind gift that Peeta gave a starving Katniss.
 
 
Hope you're having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment