Sunday, December 18, 2011

Seasonal Short Story Review: It Must Have Been the Mistletoe by Marie Higgins

Running for his life, Justin Monroe escapes his wedding rehearsal dinner and heads for the mountains. Little does he know that Brooke Cavanaugh is sleeping in the back of his friend's Jeep. When Brooke awakens, Justin isn't too thrilled to see her. She's just ruined his secret getaway. What's more important, now she could be in danger too. With the way the snow is piling up outside, it looks like they'll be stuck spending some time together.

If you're looking for a short, sweet romance then It Must Have Been the Mistletoe by Marie Higgins will fit the bill. While predictable in its nature, it blends a man and woman who have every reason not to want to be attracted to each other, a blizzard, and a cabin in the mountains to create an enjoyable seasonal story.

I tend to prefer romantic suspense, where there is a bit more action, but Justin's plight combined with Brooke's past and their banter keeps readers turning the pages.


Title: It Must Have Been the Mistletoe
Author: Marie Higgins
Publisher: PMC Publications
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
ASIN: B0065TVYLY
Kindle price: 99 cents


I cannot for the life of me remember how I obtained a copy of this book. I thought I purchased it from Amazon, but I don't see it in my Kindle store history, nor do I see it on my Smashwords purchase history. Rest assured this review is my honest opinion, for which I received no monetary compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment