Thursday, April 11, 2019

Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet from NeighborFood


A few weeks ago, I made this delicious and easy meal with ground beef from my Butcherbox shipment. The recipe can be found on the NeighborFood blog.


1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups diced yukon gold diced potatoes
3 carrots, diced
3 ears corn, cut off the cob
1 cup beef broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese

Truly, the most time consuming part of the recipe is chopping up the vegetables. After that, it comes together easily.


The ground beef from Butcherbox comes in a vacuum sealed packaging. The beef and steaks were our favorite parts of our first shipment. 


Reading the comments on the NeighborFood blog, it seemed some people had challenges getting the vegetables to soften in the allotted time. I cut my potatoes fairly thin, but I also decided to cover the meal for 5 minutes to help soften the potatoes and carrots. This was the only alteration to the recipe. 


This came together so easily and my family loved it. I'll definitely be making it again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment