Monday, January 7, 2019

2019 Personal and Professional Goals



Alright, let's get down to brass tacks. Here's a bit of help in case you don't know what I mean by that. It's time to set those 2019 personal and professional goals. Looking for my writing goals? You can find those here.

PERSONAL GOALS

GOAL 1: Read the Bible this year

A group of my friends and I are reading the Bible together in chronological order. Hope you'll consider joining us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ReadBibleChronologicalOrder/ Right now, I am reading before bed, which is working out great. 

GOAL 2: Exercise on Tuesday and Friday mornings

I've come to the conclusion that I need to start small. Two days a week is better than no days a week. If I manage to meet this goal, then I can increase to three days a week. This might require me getting up earlier than I like, so bedtime might need to be adjusted.

GOAL 3: Learn to say "no"

This will be the hardest goal this year. I stink at it. Anytime someone asks for a volunteer, my hand goes up. I swear it might take me attending meetings with hands tied behind my back and my mouth taped shut. 

REAL ESTATE GOALS

GOAL 1: Time block my calendar

I also stink at this. I am a paper calendar person. This means to be effective and accurate, I need to write it down in my paper calendar, and then, transfer all the data to Outlook so it transfers automatically to my phone. Think this might need to be added to my calendar as a Sunday evening chore. I pulled out my business plan and it has a great daily calendar, weekly calendar, and activity tracking sheet. 

GOAL 2: Double my volume

Without meeting Goal 1, Goal 2 will be impossible. I know it. I've known it for a long time. Here's what I need to do: time block the calendar so that I can contact the people I know regularly; set up a system where I mail important information to people at least once a quarter (prefer once a month); spend one day a month creating listing and buyer kits so they are handy when I need them. Just these few steps will make a huge difference. 

GOAL 3: Read at least one business/sales related book each quarter

I have several here that I want to get through: The Seven Deadly Sins of Sales and Outrageous Authenticity by Leigh Brown, Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller, and Reach Your Greatness featuring James Malinchak and other leading entrepreneurs and professionals. Creating Magic by Lee Cockerell is on my list to read this year too.

Have you set your goals for 2019? Anything you want to share? Get ready tomorrow for Task it Tuesday. It's helping me stay on task better. It could help you too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment