Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts - Jan 4



Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is a chance for book bloggers to dabble in areas besides books (but those are welcome too). Share your plans for the weekend, a rant on people not using their turn signals in parking lots, or your love of Sunday morning mimosas.

I'm sitting in my office catching up on paperwork and thrilled everyone is in hibernation during this wicked storm. This was when I went out a few hours ago and it's still coming down. Nobody enjoys this weather if they have a job requiring them to leave the house.


At least Theo is having fun.


This is my first time participating in Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts. Even though this isn't a book blog, many books are featured here. I'm hoping this meme will discipline me into taking the time to share other things. 

Today's topic: Do you ever feel like no matter how hard you try you simply can't balance your personal and professional lives?

The past few years I am definitely wondering if it will be possible again before my girls leave for college. The business is growing, but the volume of my business isn't such that I need an assistant all year round. The care giving demands are growing and we need to make decisions about so many things. I'm tired all the time, but I really need to carve out exercise time--did that yesterday and planning to again tomorrow. I miss blogging regularly and having time to work on my ongoing projects. 

And yet, there are so many daily blessings that cannot be ignored. My family is healthy. God provides me at least enough strength to tackle what I'm doing. I have a wonderful church family on top of my biological family. I'm blessed with so many local and online friends. Who am I to complain?

Today I am focusing on this Bible verse:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Joshua 1:9

4 comments:

  1. I seem to be tired quite a bit myself...must be all the busyness of my own life these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life really can get crazy. I'm trying to make time to rest and relax, but easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do recall those years of balancing everything, and not feeling like I was accomplishing enough. Hang on...it will get better!

    Here are MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Laurel. It will be quiet around here one day and I'll probably be complaining about that. :)

    ReplyDelete