Monday, August 28, 2017

Mailbox Monday - Aug 28



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

I wouldn't want you to think I am busy or anything, but the last Mailbox Monday I posted was on....July 31! As I mentioned in my recent post, life is hectic around here. I just signed up a new seller and three new buyers. I am also committed to holding open houses every Wednesday at a new subdivision in town and an open house there every other Sunday. If everything works out the way it should, September will bring with it five closings.

School is starting on Wednesday, so we've been doing a bit of back to school shopping. Now that the Lil' Diva is able to drive, I've been trying to give her the chance to do it as much as she can so she'll be ready for Driver's Ed. And get this...she just got her first job! How in the heck is she old enough to be working and driving? Pretty soon we will be touring colleges. Yikes!

The Lil' Princess had her first soccer practice last week and we are hoping she has a wonderful season. She has missed playing and a good season would prepare her for high school next year. She gave up the violin, but might pick up piano. We will see how that goes.

On to book matters....

I've lost track of how many books have arrived since my last Mailbox Monday, but here is what is visible from my desk.



















What was in your mailbox last week? Hope it was great. Wishing you a blessed week.




5 comments:

  1. Your life sounds similar to mine. My daughter is also taking driving lessons. I love the look of your kidlit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are past the back to school days but I remember how hectic (and good) those days were. I hope you all have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to school days are in my distant past, but I remember the frenzy, and then the hectic days of chauffeuring kids around. Good luck on all the closings.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always glad to hear your sales are going well.
    Oh the joys of teenagers.
    So many nice books and fun children's titles!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that Kin Types arrived. I hope you enjoy it. I know about being busy...What a great list of children's books. I have the rest of this week with my nearly first grader, but soon she'll be back at school.

    ReplyDelete