Monday, May 28, 2018

Mailbox Monday - May 28



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

First, a moment of silence to honor those who have fallen in service to this country...



Pearl Harbor, Feb 2018


My post is late today because I wanted to spend time with my family and because, this morning, I got the garden ready for planting. I've missed my garden over the last few years and I promised myself this was going to be the year it happened. Goal met! 


Seeds and plants are in. By the end of the week I want to have the crop cover up and everything planted in the ground or bags. The crop cover should keep the critters away. I need to buy some strawberry plants, since mine didn't make it through the last winter. Might add some herbs too.

As for my little mailbox last week, the only one I received was also one I had been eagerly anticipating.





Faith Jackson and Matthew Weber are both working covertly to aid the Patriot cause. But will they be willing to sacrifice all for their fledgling country?

A brand new series for fans of all things related to history, romance, adventure, faith, and family trees.

Spies Work Together for the Patriot Cause

Faith Jackson is a wealthy widow, friend of George Washington, and staunch supporter of the Patriot cause. Matthew Weber is friends with both Ben Franklin and his son William, who increasingly differ in their political views; and Matthew finds himself privy to information on both sides of the conflict. When a message needs to get to a spy among the Loyalists, Faith bravely steps up and in turn meets Matthew Weber. Suddenly she believes she could love again. But someone else has his eye on the Faith she portrays in elite social circles. What will Matthew and Faith have to sacrifice for the sake of their fledgling country?

This is the fourth book in the Daughters of the Mayflower series and the second one written by Kimberley Woodhouse. I've read the first two books so far and the third one is on my list of vacation reading. Can't wait!

What was in your mailbox?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad people are finally recognizing Memorial Day for what it is. Your new book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the moment to remember.
    I really like the sound of The Patriot Bride.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit, bermudaonion. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memorial day is usually a quiet day here as we reflect on our relatives who served. My grandfather was very proud of his service during WWII

    ReplyDelete