Monday, June 20, 2016

Mailbox Monday - June 20



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

Happy Monday, everyone! It's been a busy week of introducing people to their new homes and lots of personal decisions. My mind is filled to the point of exploding but, in many ways, it's also a relief.

The Lil' Diva and Lil' Princess are now 14 (soon to be 15) and 12 (turning 13 in November). My time remaining with my babies is limited. My in-laws are in declining health. As such, I've given up some volunteer commitments and might be giving up one more. My hectic work schedule has forced me to make some changes so I have more time to spend with the ones who matter most.

One other decision I made is to stop paying for my domain here and go back to a free blog. Since returning to work, I don't blog as much as I used to.

Originally, I was going to maintain just my Facebook page for The Busy Mom's Daily. Instead, I am going to do what all the organizations tell me not to do: combine my busy family life and my career into one blog: Busy REALTOR® Mom. I'm going to keep it a free blog and talk about things that are important for homeowners and buyers, in addition to all the stuff I talk about here: books, tips for busy moms, travel memories, and more. If the blog is successful, I'll probably buy a new domain, but that's not in the cards right now.

I hope you'll visit Busy REALTOR® Mom and like it just as much--if not better than--The Busy Mom's Daily.

Now, on to books. Here's what arrived in my mailbox last week. I hope you'll share some of yours too.





Author… storyteller… nice guy…

Award-winning author Mark Binder writes and performs in this upcoming fun audio book that engages young readers. Scheduled release date is September 16, 2016. You can find out more at http://markbinder.com/


I'm part of Vannetta Chapman's street team this year. As such, I've received three books of hers to review so far. I'll be posting reviews at The Book Connection, Busy REALTOR® Mom, and Cheryl's Christian Book Connection soon. Thank goodness for summer vacations.

Life in Abney, Texas, is predictable and safe—until the night a massive solar flare wipes out all modern technology.

Shelby Sparks, novelist and single mom, had one goal: to provide for her diabetic son. In the wake of this global disaster, her mission hasn't changed. Only now, medication is a priceless commodity and the future resembles an apocalyptic nightmare.

Max Berkman and Shelby were once sweethearts, but he lost his chance at claiming her love years ago. When the abrupt loss of power ushers him into a leadership role, he rises to the occasion. But his highest priority—to keep Shelby and her son safe—could prove to be the biggest challenge of all.

As the brilliant northern lights give way to deep shadows, Max and Shelby's faith will be tested like never before. Only one rule remains: Find a way to survive.

* * *

In this first book in an eerily plausible dystopian series, a memorable cast of characters must navigate a familiar world thrown into chaos.

That's all from my corner of the world. Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment