Monday, May 9, 2016

Mailbox Monday - May 9



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

As always, it's busy around here. Lots of work and a little bit of play. I was blogging about motherhood and the passage of time Friday at Christian Children's Authors. You can check it out here.

I hope all of my fellow moms had a lovely Mother's Day. This year was especially hectic around here because the hubby's birthday was Saturday. Two celebrations in one weekend--yikes!

After treating Paddy (that's what the girls call him) to a nice dinner and his own extra large cupcake, we gave him a Bruins mug (his old ice coffee mug got cracked last year) and a picture frame for his office with the quote, "To the world you are a dad, but to us you are the world."

Sunday we started out with the Lil' Princess making me breakfast. Then we went to church and Paddy taught Sunday school so I could sit down and hear the message. The family got me a cute little plaque that says "Good moms have sticky floors, dirty ovens, and happy kids" and a lovely necklace with my initial on it. I goofed off and played lots of Cookie Jam and read a book. Then we picked up pizza for supper and went over to the in-laws' house to celebrate Mother's Day with Yia-Yia.

Last week was also our annual Friends of the Library Book Sale, where I picked up these four audio books for only $1.





Totally unexpected came this book from Hatchette Book Group. It sounds interesting, but at this point, I rarely read books sent to me without my permission--way too busy.


What was in your mailbox? 






No comments:

Post a Comment