Friday, February 7, 2014

The Friday 56 - Week 164


Welcome to Week 164!

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to the Linky at Freda's Voice. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.


I offered to review the following book some time ago. I'm still trying to catch up on all my owed reviews. As an author of children's picture books, the art of visual storytelling is fascinating to me. I wish I had such a talent.


So the question remains: How does the picturebook artist emerge? Can the art of the picturebook be taught? Fortunately, artists are far too unpredictable to allow for easy answers to these questions, but there are many skills--conceptual, creative and technical--that can be acquired with the right sort of help.


No comments:

Post a Comment