Thursday, February 27, 2014

Diary of a Busy Mom: The Accidental Survivalist



Is there such a thing as an “accidental survivalist?” If yes, I think I am one. Maybe it’s just the harsh winter, but it seems I’ve been stockpiling nonperishable foods for weeks now. My pantry and cabinets are so full I doubt I could slid a package of flour tortillas in there.

And don’t even get me started on what is in my freezer. Since installing the generator last year, I don’t worry about buying a few extras to have on hand. And I already have plans to expand our vegetable garden this year.

Perhaps I’ve been listening to Glenn Becktoo much. He’s often talking about being prepared for the collapse: buying gold and freeze-dried food.  We need to stockpile medicines, clothes, and seeds, then fence in the yard and protect what’s ours with guns and ammo.


Now, I can’t say this will never happen, but I sure hope I’m not alive to see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment