Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In the News - Interview Mistakes



It's rare I check MSN Careers for a daily chuckle, but while browsing through the news slides last Friday, I came across an article on interview mistakes. Since I feel I am so nervous when I interview that I don't put my best foot forward, I decided to check it out.

Some of these were standard: dressed inappropriately, talking negatively about current or former employers, or appearing uninformed about the company or role. The article also talked about how certain body language can send the wrong signals. But by far, the best--or at least the funniest--list was under the subheading, "Mistakes nobody should make." 

Apparently, some people interviewing for a job don't realize potential employers don't want you to act out a Star Trek role, take a phone call for an interview with a competitor, or pop out your dentures when discussing dental benefits.

You can find all the other things you might be tempted to do, but shouldn't at http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Article/MSN-3599-Interviewing-What-not-to-do-in-the-interview/


No comments:

Post a Comment