Monday, November 11, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Our postal carrier was working overtime last week. Our mailbox was so full, they must have thought all we do is order things.

Catalogs arrived from Land's End, FrontGate, Kiddly Winks, Oriental Trading, L.L. Bean, and Soft Surroundings (this is a new one). Our second issue of Antiques Roadshow Insider arrived, but I've decided to discontinue this subscription. It seems interesting, but it's only a 15-page booklet. It also irked me that they sent me two invoices for my trial issue before I even received a single copy. History Magazine arrived. I think this is one I ordered from the fundraiser at school. The November/December 2013 issue of Traditional Home also showed up last week. I certainly won't be bored.

Actually, there is no way I could be bored because I won the Christmas in October giveaway from the Penny's Tales blog. I walked away with more than 50 prizes, which included numerous books and swag. They began arriving last week, so I'll have plenty of reading material to keep me busy. I also received Christmas from Heaven: The True Story of the Berlin Candy Bomber which included a DVD with music from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and a reading of the book by Tom Brokaw. This book review also included a set of 12 Biblical NAMES OF CHRIST Heirloom Ornaments to adorn one of my numerous Christmas trees this year.


We had fun celebrating the Lil' Princess' birthday this past week. Her big--and I do mean big--present was this nearly five-foot tall Melissa and Doug Plush Giraffe. She quickly named it Spots and takes it with her all around the house. That was tough to hide once it was delivered.


We also picked up a copy of the new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game for XBOX 360. The Lil' Diva loves it! I'm so thrilled. Though it does make me realize they have no real comic book super hero knowledge. I lived on comic books as a kid. When one of the girls thought Batman lived on Krypton, I knew I had some work to do.

That's it for this week of You've Got Mail. This might be a slow blogging week since I am preparing for a writers conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment