Monday, November 18, 2013

Book Spotlight: My Name Used to Be Muhammad by Tito Momen with Jeff Benedict


The True Story of a Muslim Who Became a Christian.

Tito Momen was raised Muhammad Momen. He was born in Nigeria and was taught to observe the strict teachings of Islam. At age five he woke at 4:45 every morning to attend the mosque and perform dawn prayer with the other men in his village. Training to memorize the Qur’an began at age six. It was at this same age that he began copying the entire Qur’an word for word. He was being raised to emerge as a leader among clerics, capable of leading a jihad, or holy struggle, to convert nonbelievers to Islam. However, Tito’s path took an unexpected turn when he was introduced to Christianity. His decision to believe in Jesus Christ cost him his family and his freedom. Tito thought he would spend his remaining days enduring a life sentence in an uncivilized Egyptian prison. For fifteen years he suffered and waited and prayed. Tito said, “I never gave up hope. I never stopped believing.” Although he was falsely imprisoned, beaten, and ridiculed, Tito’s remarkable true story is one of faith, forgiveness, and testimony that God does hear and answer prayers.

You can read an excerpt at www.jeffbenedict.com

"My Name Used to Be Muhammad" is a life changing book! It was fascinating to me to learn about
what it was like to grow up in an Islamic community with very extreme beliefs and rules. Titon Momen’s story about finding Christianity makes me reflect on my own Christianity and resolve to be a better Christian. I am a better person for having read this book. It was easy to read, and hard to put down. I marvel at Tito’s faith and optimism. If he can remain positive in his trials, then I know I can be more positive in mine. I am grateful to have read such a wonderful book, and look forward to reading it again. —Tom Castleton

Purchase at: 

Deseret Books: http://deseretbook.com/My-Name-Used-Muhammad-Jeff-Benedict/i/5108900

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/My-Name-Used-Be-Muhammad-ebook/dp/B00F45XGWA/ 

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/my-name-used-to-be-muhammad-jeff-benedict/1117376861


Jeff Benedict is considered one of America’s top investigative journalists He has published several acclaimed books, including Out of Bounds and Pros and Cons. His work has also been published in the New York Times and Los Angeles Times, among other publications, and he has appeared on ESPN, NBC Nightly News, CBS’ 48 Hours, and ABC News.

Visit Jeff online at http://www.jeffbenedict.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment