Monday, May 6, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Blogging has taken a backseat to getting the garden planted. Plus it was Greek Easter this past weekend, so we were at the in-laws. With Mother's Day coming on Sunday, my sister-in-law and I are plotting some gardening work in my mother-in-law's yard. She loves flowers, but just can't do as much as she would like these days.

I ended up buying some soil and plants for her and brought them over on Sunday. Today, I bought two large whiskey barrels to replace the broken ones she has, and another smaller one for a plant she has on her deck that has outgrown its pot. On Mother's Day, I'll visit and do some planting in front of the deck. They have more shade than sun in the backyard, so it's been a challenge for her to find just what she wants. I'm hoping she'll enjoy the new plantings.

Speaking of plants and gardening, the last few plants in that garden plan I am working on arrived on Friday thanks to the postman. With the spring vegetables and some herbs now planted, I can get to work on the front yard. Here is my before picture. The tall bush is getting pulled out and placed in the backyard to hide our generator. The lower vine-like ones are going to be donated to a new flower bed we're creating at church on Saturday. This will all be flowering plants when I'm done with it.


The Lil Diva's (11) bathing suit arrived from Land's End last week, too. We're taking them to Disney this month and I swear that child has grown out of everything she owns. So, bathing suit shopping was on the agenda. I like that their bathing suits are modest, whereas some of the ones I find around here show way too much skin than I am (and she) are comfortable bearing.

My May/June 2013 issue of Gardening How-to arrived early last week, in addition to my May/June 2103 issue of History Magazine. Catalogs from Bluestone Perennials (where most of my new plants came from), Ballard Designs, Grandin Road, Land's End, and FrontGate also arrived.

That's it for this week's edition of You've Got Mail Monday. Hope you have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment