Monday, January 28, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Last week was a great one. I typed "The End" on my first picture book of the year. I cleaned up my Facebook account, unliking pages that I don't even visit that were clogging up my feed. And I got some nifty stuff in the mail.

Two copies of The Moses Quilt by Kathi Macias arrived. This is the first book in her new series. I'll be giving away a copy of this book here next month during her virtual book tour. I saw the trailer for this series, and I can't wait for the Christmas one to come out. The Doctor's Christmas Quilt depicts the life of America's first woman doctor, Elizabeth Blackwell. It is a contemporary story about a woman doctor and it will be interesting to see how Blackwell fits into the storyline.

I also received two books from the Harlequin Book Club. I'm not a huge romance reader, though I do enjoy them. Romantic suspense and inspirational romance are my most preferred genres, but expanding beyond that is fine too. The two free books that arrived were Better Than Chocolate by Sheila Roberts and Already Home by Susan Mallery. I'm familiar with Roberts's work, having reviewed two of her books. Not sure when I'll get a chance to read these, but I'll see how I like getting books on a regular basis. There's no commitment, so I can cancel anytime.

The Cableyoyo™ arrived. It's a product I'm reviewing here. It's supposed to keep your wires looking neat. Finally, my new jeans from Old Navy showed up. Thank God! I have been wearing the same two pairs of jeans for about a year now. I rarely spend money on myself, but I'm at the point where if I don't get some new clothes, I'll scream. These are great jeans. Very comfortable and they fit perfect.

That's it from my neck of the woods. Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment